v0.7.1 Released - Final Update for EverSector
It's been about a year and a half since the last actual release, but there was still some content added afterward that didn't make it into a release of its own. It's not perfect, but since it's unlikely I'll ever return to develop another full version for the game, I thought I might as well put all this extra content together for one final(?) update. I hope you enjoy!
- Implement surrendering
- You can now surrender in a battle by pressing U
- Enemy ships can also surrender
- Surrendered ships are less likely to be targeted but cannot loot if their side wins the battle
- Leaders can surrender their position in battle to an opponent from the same faction
- Custom tileset support
- More interesting generated names for each ship
- Change options from the start menu
- Confirmation prompt before voting (thanks oshuma!)
- Confirmation prompt when mining an asteroid that could destroy you (thanks oshuma!)
- Fix crash when trying to land on a nonexistent planet (thanks oshuma!)
In other news, I've transferred the EverSector and APWT repositories to GitHub, so feel free to check those out if you're interested. But other than that, this is probably the end for EverSector. If you're reading this, I'd like to thank you for sticking with me through this project. It's been a long and occasionally wild ride, but I've learned a lot in the process. I'd especially like to thank the few people who donated, as well as Dale Campbell (oshuma) for his small yet meaningful contributions to this final update. If you've enjoyed EverSector or like the idea of it, be sure to check out my future works. Who knows, maybe I'll make a sequel? Stay tuned!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.